9.04.2010

You know you're a med wife when...

...a simple, relaxing massage by your husband inevitably turns into a full-fledged anatomy lesson.

Actual conversation 1:

ME:  That feels great on my neck....my neck has felt tight lately.

STUDOC:  Yeah, this is where your (such and such) artery is.  It starts here, and connects here, and here are some of your lymphnodes....

ME:  ....wow.  This is so relaxing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Actual conversation 2:

STUDOC:  Can you take off your socks so I can feel your feet?

ME:  Sure!  I'd love a foot massage!

STUDOC:  (feeling my feet)  Today we learned how to feel a person's pulse in two different places on the foot....(uncomfortable poking and prodding)

ME:  Um, that kind of hurts.

STUDOC:  Sorry....(with enthusiasm) see look!....I can feel your pulse here......and ........here.......

ME:  Hmmm.....that's great.  This is the worst foot massage ever.

STUDOC:  (laughs)  And I can feel your (such and such) ligaments...

ME:  (sigh) (smile) :)

6 comments:

medicalwife said...

: ) Ah yes, I know this experience. Glad to have found you. Looking forward to reading more about y'all's MS1 experience.

N+C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
medwifelife said...

Yay! Another MS1 blog, yours is the first I've found. I know what you mean, all of a sudden every conversation is about the human body. And NOT in a romantic way!

Kensi said...

haha! this is so true! my husband does the exact same things! hilarious!

Keely said...

ahahahah! I love this! Been there :0)

thedrswifeisin said...

HAHA! This is great! The cardiac exam and lymph node exam were my favorite! My husband is in his 4th year (yay!) and I frequently remind him that he needs to practice those two exams ;)

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...